We know that walking 10 000 steps a day to earn Active Dayz™ can sound daunting, especially when juggling full-time job, family responsibilities, studies and a social life. What if we told you that there are simple things you can do on a daily basis to increase your chances of hitting the 10 000 steps mark? Well, that is what we are telling you right now.
1. Park your car further away from the entrance to your office so that you can walk those extra steps.
2. Have a 250ml cup, tumbler or bottle of water at your desk instead of a bigger one so that you can walk to the water cooler or tap each time you want to drink water.
3.Walk to people instead of emailing them at work, and only send emails to follow up.
4.If you have a meeting with one person and your office building is big enough, have a walking meeting instead of sitting in a boardroom.
5.Don’t eat your lunch at your desk, walk to the kitchen or dining area, eat there and walk back.
6. Walk to your children’s class when you are fetching them after school instead of waiting for them to walk to your car. Or walk them to the bus stop instead of letting them find their way there alone in the morning.
7. If you use public transport, get off one stop past your usual stop so that you can walk those few extra steps back.
8. Always use stairs instead of taking the lift wherever you go.
9. Leave your remote on your TV unit, a few steps away from the couch, so that you can walk each time you want to change the channel.
10. Cut out all excuses. Start now; there is no better time than the present.