For many people, the middle of the year is a particularly stressful time as they evaluate their progress in achieving their goals; be it savings goals, health goals or anything else, and others are starting the process of performance reviews at work.
Are you one of those people? Consider Yoga to help you manage your stress. Here are three super simple Yoga poses you can try.
1. Child’s Pose
– Kneel on a Yoga mat with your legs together whilst you sit back on your heels.
– Lean forward until your chest rests on your thighs with your forehead on the floor
– Curl your shoulders forward and let your hands rest next to your palms, with your palms facing up, and hold for 5 breaths.
2. Bridge Pose
– Lie on your back and bend your knees with your feet flat on the floor. Slide your arms alongside your body with palms facing down.
– Press your feet into the floor, inhale and lift your hips, rolling your spine off the floor.
– Hold for 4-8 breaths, then exhale, slowly rolling your spine back to the floor.
– Sit close to a wall, facing forward
– Bring your buttocks as close to the wall as possible
– Lift your legs, with your back and arms on the floor
Tip: You can also place a blanket underneath your hips to increase the inversion.
Join us for International Yoga Day celebrations!
Yoga Works and Multiply will be celebrating International Yoga Day on Saturday, 22 June 2019 at Wanderers Sports Club, and you are invited to join us!
This event is free and open to absolutely anyone interested in yoga (whether you are a regular or it’s your very first time to try it out!). On the day, there will be several group yoga sessions and workshops, and every activity will be accessible to all levels and ages. You can further support our charity by getting sponsored tickets for you or someone else:
– Free Ticket (R0): entrance
– Warrior 1 (R50): entrance + donation
– Warrior 2 (R100): entrance + donation + lucky draw
– Warrior 3 (R200): entrance + donation + t-shirt