Looking for something different to help you manage stress and fatigue? Have you considered yoga? Try these easy poses to help you relax.
1. Child’s Pose
- Kneel on a Yoga mat with your legs together whilst you sit back on your heels.
- Lean forward until your chest rests on your thighs with your forehead on the floor
- Curl your shoulders forward and let your hands rest next to your palms, with your palms facing up, and hold for 5 breaths.
2. Bridge Pose
- Lie on your back and bend your knees with your feet flat on the floor. Slide your arms alongside your body with palms facing down.
- Press your feet into the floor, inhale and lift your hips, rolling your spine off the floor.
- Hold for 4-8 breaths, then exhale, slowly rolling your spine back to the floor.
3. Legs up the wall pose
- Sit close to a wall, facing forward
- Bring your buttocks as close to the wall as possible
- Lift your legs, with your back and arms on the floor
Tip: You can also place a blanket underneath your hips to increase the inversion.
You might also want to read this post on 8 ways to stay energised for longer.