3 key elements required for maintaining financial wellness
- Having a budget,
- Having a financial plan, and
- Having a financial adviser.
We believe that the key to thinking differently about personal finances is to understand the barriers and motivators that keep you from doing so. Research has found that the reluctance to physically write down and track a budget was determined by the following factors:
- “If I write it down –it is real and scary.”
- “I am less accountable if it is in my head.”
- “Ignorance is bliss.’’
- “I track my budget using mobile banking.
- “Once all my debit orders have gone off, I am comfortable that I have paid all my debt.”
- “I draw cash for the week, and once it is gone, it is gone. So, I ensure that I make it to then end of the month.”
What is the solution?
The first step is to find out where you currently stand. Completing this financial wellness questionnaire will help you with that. It will also help you identify and gather the right financial wellness tools for your needs. You might also want to read our article on budgeting tips to to help you budget better.
Remember, no matter how scary the numbers may be, you are already on the right track by starting here.