For many people grocery shopping is the time they may come into contact with other people during this time, increasing the chance of exposure of COVID-19. Remember to follow and adhere to all the COVID-19 health and safety protocols including physical distancing, sanitation and hygiene, and use of appropriate personal protective items like cloth face masks, as determined by the National Department of Health.
Here’s what you can do to be safe when shopping for groceries.
Avoid crowded places
If you must go to a popular store, plan to go earlier in the day so that you can beat the rush. Also, avoid taking the whole family to the shops with you. This will help lessen the number of people at the stores.
Stick to the plan
- Put together a shopping list so that you can get all the things you need and limit the number of trips you make to the shops.
- Touch only what you are buying.
- Take your own disinfecting wipes to the shop in case the shop runs out.
- Limit the surfaces you touch.
- Sanitize the handles of shopping trolleys and baskets before use.
- Stand 2m away from other people.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
Choose contactless payment
Avoid using cash so that you don’t have to exchange notes with the cashier. You can make contactless payments using your Multiply Money card. Just remember to transfer enough money from your savings wallet to your payment wallet before making payments.
You may also want to read this post on how Multiply Money can help you with daily expenses.