Practising yoga regularly can improve mental clarity, calmness and it can centre your attention. Here are some easy yoga poses you can try right now from the comfort of your home.
1. Child’s Pose
- Kneel on a yoga mat with your legs together and sit back on your heels
- Lean forward until your chest rests on your thighs with your forehead on the floor
- Curl your shoulders forward and let your hands rest next to your feet with your palms facing up and hold for 5 breaths
2. Bridge Pose
- Lie on your back and bend your knees with your feet flat on the floor
- Slide your arms alongside your body with palms facing down
- Press your feet into the floor, inhale and lift your hips, rolling your spine off the floor
- Hold for 4-8 breaths, then exhale, slowly rolling your spine back to the floor
3. Legs up the wall pose
- Sit close to a wall, facing forward
- Bring your buttocks as close to the wall as possible
- Lift your legs, with your back and arms on the floor
Tip: You can also place a blanket underneath your hips to increase the inversion.
4. Happy baby pose
- Lie down on your back
- Bend your knees towards your belly
- Stretch your hands to hold your feet
- Open your knees wide and stay in this position for a few breaths
You might also want to read this post on the health benefits of yoga.