Are you ready for the best 10 days of your winter? The Knysna Oyster Festival kicks off on Friday, 29 June 2018, promising delectable oysters and over 100 activities spread over ten days for sport lovers, families and adventurers. We have put together a quick guide of festival highlights, tips and important information to help you work your way around the festival.
Tips for cyclists
1. Keep your eyes on the road at all times.
2. Don’t stare at the wheel in front of you. Keep your sight at least 5-10 meters up the road so that you can react promptly to any changes upfront.
3. Always keep your fingers/hands on the brakes for quick stopping power.
4. Never overlap your front wheel with the back wheel of the rider in front of you.
5. When eating or trying to find something in your pockets, move to the back of the echelon or bunch.
Heinz Hot Sauce Oyster hotspots
More than 200, 000 oysters are consumed every year at the Knysna Oyster Festival, and with Heinz as the new hot sauce partner, we’re not expecting anything less. Here is a comprehensive list of the 20 participating local restaurants to go enjoy oysters paired with the awesomely bold Heinz flavours.
Absolutely not to be missed
1. Pick n Pay Fish Braai competition
2. Oyster Shucking and eating competition
3. Knysna Wine Festival
4. Comedy Chuckle
5. Color Splash Party
For more information on the festival, visit the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival website.