Finally, the festive season is here! This festive season is different from any other we have ever had due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here’s what you can do to be safer as you go about your festive season or holiday activities.
Lower your risk of exposure to the virus
- Always wear a mask and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Remember to observe social distancing.
- Arrange for family members who have underlying medical conditions to join gatherings virtually.
- Limit contact with commonly touched surfaces.
- Shop online.
What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or you test positive for COVID-19, immediately contact the host and other guests who attended the event.
- Self-isolate for 14 days.
- Do not go out into public for any reason during self-isolation.
- Do not invite other people into your home during self-isolation.
Travel safety tips
Staying home is the best way to lower your risk of contracting COVID-19, but if you must travel. Here’s what you can do to be safer.
- Adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocol.
- Stay home and postpone your trip if you show symptoms of the virus.
- Consider getting tested before or after your trip.
Remember to check the travel restrictions of your destination before booking your transport and accommodation.
For more information about COVID-19 and how to manage the virus, visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za/