The idea of walking 10 000 steps a day to earn Active Dayz™ can sound daunting, especially when you are struggling to make time to visit the gym. Di you know that you can actually reach the 10 000 steps target by making some adjustments to your daily activities? Here are some ideas to help you get started.
1. Park your car further away from the entrance to your office so that you can walk those extra steps.
2. Have a 250ml cup, tumbler or bottle of water at your desk instead of a bigger one so that you can walk to the water cooler or tap each time you want to drink water.
3. Walk to people instead of emailing them at work, and only send emails to follow up.
4. If you have a meeting with one person and your office building is big enough, have a walking meeting instead of sitting in a boardroom.
5. Don’t eat your lunch at your desk, walk to the kitchen or dining area, eat there and walk back.
6. Walk to your children’s class when you are fetching them after school instead of waiting for them to walk to your car. Or walk them to the bus stop instead of letting them find their way there alone in the morning.
7. If you use public transport, get off one stop past your usual stop so that you can walk those few extra steps back.
8. Always use the stairs instead of taking the lift wherever you go.
9. Leave your remote on your TV unit, a few steps away from the couch, so that you can walk each time you want to change the channel.
10. Cut out all excuses. Start now; there is no better time than the present.
Don’t forget to strap on your fitness tracking device to ensure that your steps are being tracked so that you can earn Active Dayz™. If you don’t already have one, take advantage of your Multiply member discount and buy it on our online shop today.