We all could use extra cash here and there. Here are some ideas to help you save more now:
Home and car
- Choose energy-efficient appliances. The saving is massive in the long run, especially with the cost of electricity in South Africa.
- Make your own beauty products using coconut oil, shea butter and essential oils.
- Fill tyre pressure regularly. Properly inflated tyres improve fuel efficiency.
- Grow your own herbs and small vegetables in plant pots at home. Seeds are relatively cheap, and this can be great fun for the whole family.
- Look up store weekly or monthly specials and plan what you’re going to buy from each store.
- Drink mostly water, rather than juice or fizzy drinks. You’ll save money, and so much healthier.
Family and fun
Limit and rotate toys the kids can play with at any given time. This makes them appreciate their toys so much more and lets them miss their toys so we don’t have to buy more. You can even get your extended family to swap books, movies and video games monthly.
You might also want to read this post on saving on groceries with Multiply and Snap n Save.